1) Ms. Hourvash Pourkian, Kulturbrücke Hamburg e. V., with the initiative "International
Women in Power".
2) Dr. Ulrike Becker, Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin
3) Mrs. Professor Parastou Forouhar, Artist, University of Mainz
4) Prof. Godula Kosack, Chairwoman of the Board, TERRE DES FEMMES e.V.
5) Mrs. Rebecca Schönenbach, Women for Freedom e. V.,
6) Mrs. Dr. Necla Kelek, sociologist and publicist, association secular Islam Hamburg e. V.
7) Ms. Saba Farzan, sociologist and publicist
8) Ms. Mina Ahadi, International Committee against the Death Penalty
In view of systematic and most serious human rights crimes in Iran, both in the past and in the present, we make the following demands on the German government:
1. We want Germany to join Amnesty International and the UN Special Rapporteur on Iran, Javaid Rehman, in calling for Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi to be investigated for his involvement in
past and ongoing crimes under international law. We demand that the German government support the establishment of an international commission of inquiry to investigate the 1998 mass
2. We demand that the German government publicly and strongly condemn the excessive and systematic violations of human rights in Iran.
3. We demand that the German government react to executions and torture of opposition members with immediate sanctions against those responsible, in particular by banning the perpetrators and their families from entering the EU and Germany and by freezing funds.
4. We welcome the fact that the German government has expressed solidarity with the democracy movement in Belarus in the coalition agreement, and we expect the German government to declare for Iran as well: "We stand by the side of the people [in Iran] and support their desire for new elections, democracy, freedom as well as the rule of law and demand the unconditional release of all political prisoners."
5 We further demand that the German government invite relevant representatives of Iranian civil society and in particular of the women's rights movement to exploratory talks and high-profile manifestations.
We have been in contact with Foreign Minister Ms. Baerbock since February 4, 2022. So that you can understand our political correspondence, we have uploaded our first demands regarding German Iran policy here.
View ZDF Berlin's reporting on the submission of the open letter from minute 11.45.
Out of the idea to combine both of these concerns the women's and migrant's march was born. Together, we want to demonstrate against xenophobia and stand in solidarity with the fight for women's rights in the world.
Strong women should set an example and empower other women.
In these times of upheaval in Germany it is especially important to draw attention to the positive changes and to prevent right-wing populist propaganda and religious fanaticism from gaining ground in our society. it is our goal to not only write our goals and demands on our banners but to also actively live them by integrating them into our daily lives. everyone can stand up for freedom, diversity and human dignity.
All of us who where born and raised in Germany have an integrated sense of the culture and democratic values that shape our society. it is our responsibility to grant all people who are new to Germany an insights into our culture and democracy and to ease their integration process.
For questions please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org